Vegan Banana Creme Protein Pie
Oh man…Vegan banana creme protein pie…There’s nothing like a cold slice of old fashioned banana creme pie. That’s why I went on a mission to not only make it vegan, but also make it a plant protein rich dessert!
With the holidays approaching I have been on a serious mission to create the healthiest and most delicious vegan desserts and pies.
This recipe was the result of a mad craving for old school banana creme pie! The best part about this recipe is that it is perfect for those of us that are trying to not lose our hard earned muscles and lean figure!
It’s loaded with super clean raw pea protein instead of nasty dairy products! Don’t be deceived by the ingredients though! This recipe is seriously mouth watering!
Vegan banana protein pie was made for enjoying life without the guilt! Low in fat, added sugars, and dairy free…this recipe is sure to not disappoint!
The hardest part is knowing you piece is about to run out! This vegan banana creme protein pie is super creamy with rich notes of vanilla and bananas.
Ready for the oven! Be sure to place your pie on a cookie sheet or pizza pan so you can remove it from the oven easily!
Don’t forget to add the coco whip! I garnish mine with sliced bananas as well! If you haven’t had a chance to try So Delicious coco whip yet you are in for a real treat! Its the perfect topping for vegan banana creme protein pie!
- 5 Medium Frozen Bananas
- 1 C non- dairy milk
- 1/2 C Pea Protein Isolate (I use Powerootz Brand)
- 3/4 C Coconut Sugar
- 3 T Sprouted WW Flour
- Pecan pieces (optional but phenomenal!!!)
- 1/2 t Vanilla Powder
- 1/2 t Coconut Extract
- 1/3 C coconut cream
- Pinch of Pink Salt
- Pure Stevia Extract to taste
- So delicious coco whip
- Pre-made WW pie crust
- Pre Heat oven to 350 F
- Place Pie crust in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove crust from oven and set aside. Leave the oven on.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and mix until even. Taste test to see how sweet you want it with the Stevia.
- Pour contents into pie crust and bake on the top rack for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place in freezer for 4 hours to chill and set.
- Remove from freezer and add coco whip and pecan pieces. Serve chilled.
- I use frozen bananas because I think it improves their flavor. Unfrozen bananas will still work.