Hot Dang…This Vegan Sweet Potato Coffee Cake Recipe Is Delicious!
(Printer friendly recipe & ingredients list located at bottom of post)
There’s nothing like an experiment gone right…especially when it involves four of my fav things ever…sweet potatoes, cinnamon, pecans, and oats!
I was playing around in the kitchen last night, trying to come up with a yummy dessert for Thanksgiving that even my “non-vegan” family members would love. Every family has those individuals who are set in their ways & would never willingly choose to eat a vegan dish. For me, there’s nothing more hilariously gratifying than feeding vegan dishes to unsuspecting carnivores only to watch the shocked look upon their face as I reveal that the dish they just devoured was actually vegan. (insert evil laugh)
This is why I set out to create the perfect holiday dish that will undeniably be the most delicious dessert at family dinner. If I had to sum up this vegan sweet potato coffee cake in 6 words they would be:
Im really looking forward to taking this dish to Thanksgiving & sharing its deliciousness with my friends and family. I hope it can do the same for you this holiday season. My vegan sweet potato coffee cake recipe is sure to impress even the greatest of all food critics.
Here’s the gist my ingredient arsenal. I get many of my ingredients from Trader Joe’s, Sprouts, and local health food stores. You can also find them on Amazon if you live in a health food store desert!
Multi Grain Mix
My fav oat flour is home made from this multi grain cereal mix from Trader Joes.
You can’t go wrong with this coco whip by So Delicious! It’s so good I eat it like ice cream!
Chef’s Tip: I like to use a spring sided pan for easy cake removal. How awesome it that (see photos below)
- 3 C sliced and roughly chopped sweet potatoes ( I dont peel mine)
- 1/3 C Sprouted WW flour
- 1/3 Oat Flour (Or make your own in a blender)
- 1/3 C So Delicious Original Coconut Creamer (Or sub coconut milk)
- 1/3 C Coconut Sugar
- 1 t vanilla powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3 T Melted Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Butter ( Or sub coconut oil)
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t Pumpkin Pie Spice (I use Spice Hunter Brand)
- 1 t Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- Pinch Pink Salt
- Pinch Pure Stevia Extract
- 3/4 C Chopped Pecans
- So Delicious Coco Whip
- 7" Round Pan
- Pre Heat Oven to 350 F
- Rinse and slice sweet potatoes into coin shape thin slices (thickness about 1/8"). Roughly chop the slices and measure out 3 C (about 2 med sweet potatoes) and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to bowl and mix thoroughly. Oil a 7" round pan and place the mixture contents into the round pan.
- Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the surface and spray them with a little coconut oil. Bake on the top rack for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice into 8 pieces. Add coco whip and serve hot!