OMG Vegan Protein Burgers
FINALLY…A vegan protein burger that doesn’t fall apart and tastes like heaven! These bad boys are packed with some serious flavor and protein.
I may be a plant based vegan that obsesses over every ingredient in my food, but at the end of the day there’s one thing that I just can’t live without…healthy, satisfying, and hearty food.
I have been craving a super awesome burger for months! However, it seems like all the soy free vegan options at the local grocer have just way to many ingredients I cant pronounce.
I just wanted a delicious burger without the weird stuff! And then it happened…I created the most satisfying vegan protein burger on the planet. These vegan protein burgers are my new best friend.
This recipe isn’t just a pretty picture. It won’t disappoint!
- 10 oz (1 can) Drained Organic Garbanzo Beans (I use Eden Organics Brand)
- 1/4 C Pure Pea Protein Isolate (I use Powerootz Brand)
- 1/4 C Leek or Green Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 C Raw Dry Walnuts
- 2 T Sprouted Wheat Flour
- 1 t Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 t Garlic Powder
- 1/2 t Onion Powder
- 1/2 t Cumin Powder
- 3/4 t Pink Salt
- 1/2 t Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 t Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 t Ground Black Pepper
- 1 t Maple Syrup
- 2 T Grape Seed Oil
- 1/4 t Coriander
- 1/4 t Turmeric
- 1/4 t Baking Soda
- Pre heat over to 350 F.
- Blend walnuts in food processor or blender until taco meat consistency. Place ground walnuts into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Place drained garbanzo beans in food processor and lightly blend until the beans are coarsely chopped. Add beans to the bowl with the walnuts.
- Add all other ingredients to the mixing bowl. Stir with a fork until everything is evenly distributed. Press into desired burger patty size.
- Oil a pizza pan and place burgers on the pan. Spray a coat of coconut oil on the patties if you want a nice crispy edge. Bake on the top rack for 20 minutes. Broil until golden on top (about 2 minutes) and serve!
Look at these tasty bad boys! Leeks, walnuts, and all those spices make for a savor supernova!
I like to use Daiya cheese <3 It’s soy free and totally the business when it comes to a delicious vegan cheese! A vegan protein burger isn’t quite a burger until you add this cheese to top it off!
Look at those layers! You might just cry when you get to the last bite of the OMG vegan protein burger!
Here’s the skinny:
- Organic Ketchup
- Sprouted Bun
- Vine tomato
- Daiya Cheddar Cheese
- Just Mayo
Looking for more ways to get plant based protein in your diet?
I recommend trying the best tasting + cleanest protein/superfood shake on the market…Powerootz.[rewr id=”1″]